France, Lot Department, around 45 km nord of Cahors, 10 km south of Rocamadour, canton of Gramat.
The origin of the preceptory of the Bastit du Causse comes from a donation made around 1150 by the Baron of Castelnau(1) and the Baron of Gourdon(2).
These donations were made to the Preceptor of the Temple of Rouergue, established in Sainte Eulalie de Cernon. The preceptory, the first one in this region of Haut-Quercy, was located in a strategic place at the crossroads of important trade roads, but also on the border between the Duchy of Aquitaine and the County of Toulouse. It belonged to the house of the Temple of Saint-Gilles.