France, Department of Aisne, around 30 km east of Saint-Quentin, commune of Landifay-et-Bertaignemont.
The date of the creation of this preceptory is not exactly known, but archives mention that the Bishop of Laon, Bartholomew de Jur(1), confirms the donation made by Amaury de Bernot of the village of Bertaignemont to the Order of the Temple, with the agreement of his lords, Clarembaud de Faty(2) and his brothers, as well as Bouchart de Guise(3).
This donation was made by Amaury de Bernot at the time he entered the Order.
These same archives also mention the donation made to the Order of the small tithe of Bertaignemont made by Clarembaud de Faty and his wife.
(1)Bartholomew of Jur (sometimes called of Vir, Granson or Joux) was born about 1080 and died in 1158. He was the son of Conon, Lord of Grandson, La Sarraz, Jura and Lausanne. He was bishop of Laon from 1113 to 1151, when he resigned to retire as a simple monk in the Cistercian monastery of Foigny in Thiérache.